Our wedding is finally over, but now it's time to carry the practices we followed and the goals we set for our special day into our married life. We aim to buy less, use less, and make less waste, and to lead healthy, happy lives for ourselves and the planet.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Thousand Cranes

Thanks to the help of friends and family, we finally have our thousand cranes.

Though I'm not superstitious, these cranes are said to bring us happiness, health, and longevity.  Folding them certainly taught me patience, especially with my husband-to-be who had a rough time of learning how to make them.  And I felt very special having my friends around me as we made these cranes together over burritos and wine.  


These cranes will be splashed throughout the ceremony: hanging from our altar, on display in jars at the dining tables, maybe even decorating our cupcakes.  They're all made from recycled newspapers and pages from old books.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment